Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finding Water for Elephants

I took a few days to buy this book, which isn't like me...but I found it used at Hastings. Super cheap! I was pleased to find it on a bestseller's table out front (the used copies were in the back). Flipping through the book I saw some great old circus photos (similar to the photo at left) and a list of discussion questions at the end. Sidenote: I will NEVER again even GLANCE at discussion questions. It ruined the end of The Time Traveler's Wife for me, just because I glanced at a question that named their unborn baby. That novel's parallel stories are climaxing toward two things; one storyline is going toward sex, and the married-couple-parallel is moving toward family. They are never sure if they can have a baby because of genetic complications, but the whole time I knew the answer which drove me bonkers! SO! No reading these Qs until I finish the book! Should make for an easy discussion if we run out of topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment