Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fight Club!

I proposed this book a year ago (whoa that seems like so long ago!), and now we're doing it for June! It seems odd to set it in our repertoire, given the overconsumption of...what, chick lit? No, not quite...but close. Women-centered literature, empowerment, romance, etc. Would Fight Club deign to be a part of our "usual"? Apparently so! I have to make myself read these slowly, otherwise I'm done in a day or two. I'm already a quarter of the way through...I may have to put it down. But I love it, I forgot how witty it is. A friend I had heard that Chuck Palahniuk has to work really hard to get something good, but I don't care anymore! I adore this book. I thought that after watching the movie I might have Brad Pitt and Edward Norton (a personal favorite of mine) floating through my psyche, but they have miraculously faded away. Which has never happened to me before! I am excited, and thought that I'd share...although, I feel like I'm drinking more.

joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment