Monday, December 28, 2009

Finding The Reader

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink - Jan 2010

Finding:
We finally decided on The Reader, though input lacked. So those of us that are enthusiastic did the picking this time! Fine by me! I found my copy at a used bookstore. I am surprised at how thin and small it is. I'm going to get through this one in no time! I assumed the edition I found would have a photo of Kate Winslet on the cover, and sure enough...it's a "movie tie-in". Which ends at the cover art, as far as I can tell. I was excited to get going on this one, so I thought I'd read a chapter before bed. And I read five. The outset isn't slow at all, and there's almost no use for exposition. So it definitely hooks you immediately! Can't wait for our next discussion...

No comments:

Post a Comment