Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ideas!

I think I'm facilitating next month? And if I'm not, I'm bringing my three choices anyway, just in case. I facilitated the first book soooo long ago because nobody else wanted to go first! As it happened, I didn't much care for the book (which doesn't need to be named outright...heh) BUT somebody else in the group did. And it put the books that I have liked so far in a much brighter contrast. Which 100% works for me.

Anyway. I've been compiling a list of books I've heard of for quite some time, and starring them if I hear of them again. Here's a partial list, in order as of right now. I can only bring three ideas to keep it simple. Our meeting is in less than a week, so things could change....

  • The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (HATE these excerpts online, but I keep heraing about it and it's at the top of a lot of reader's lists, especially at readinggroupguides.com)
  • Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende (hear a lot about this author, but always different titles)
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (alright, confession: never read it, but probably should)
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (keep hearing about this on olivereader.com; sounds like our type of read)
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan (I liked On Chesil Beach, and I loved this movie!)
  • something, anything by Lionel Shriver

If you have any ideas, write them in the comments below...what is your favorite book???

No comments:

Post a Comment